Selected Teachings on
Gordon B. Hinckley (President)
If every man in this church who has been ordained to the Melchizedek Priesthood were to qualify himself to hold a temple recommend, and then were to go to the house of the Lord and renew his covenants in solemnity before God and witnesses, we would be a better people.
- There would be little or no infidelity among us.
- Divorce would almost entirely disappear.
- So much of heartache and heartbreak would be avoided.
- There would be a greater measure of peace and love and happiness in our homes.
- There would be fewer weeping wives and weeping children.
- There would be a greater measure of appreciation and of mutual respect among us.
And I am confident the Lord would smile with greater favor upon us. (Ensign, November 1995, formatting altered.)
Ezra Taft Benson (President)
I testify that temples are places of personal revelation. There have been times when I have been weighed down by problems or difficulties and have gone to the house of the Lord with a prayer in my heart for answers. These answers have come in clear and unmistakable ways.
Now, by virtue of the sacred priesthood in me vested, I promise you that, with increased attendance in the temples of our God, you shall receive increased personal revelation to bless your lives as you bless those who have died. (Frankfurt Germany Temple Dedication, Cornerstone: August 28, 1987; Ensign, May 1987, p. 85)